FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing
Date created/revised: February 24, 2021
Who We Are:
Vestar is a nationally recognized leader in the acquisition, management, leasing and development of retail real estate with a significant market share in the Western US. Vestar has over 30 million square feet currently under operation and management and has been acknowledged by both institutional and private-client investors as an industry leader.
Since its inception in 1989, Vestar has become synonymous with integrity and responsibility. As one of the leading privately held real estate companies in the western United States, Vestar acquires, develops and manages retail and entertainment destinations of varying size and scale that serve as destinations and community focal points.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop internal marketing campaigns that translate marketing objectives across business units into clear and motivating creative strategies
- Spearhead and manage content strategy for both small-scale and large-scale projects, including strategy, digital and brand design, content and technology
- Collaborate with the all departments in developing marketing plans, analyzing results and identifying opportunities
- Analyze brand tracking, market trends, consumer need, and the competitive landscape
- Meet budget standards by forecasting and managing expenses
- Retain and manage outside creative vendors as necessary
- Comfortable working with internal stakeholders locally and nationally
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills
- Excel in collaborative environment
Required Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of related experience with 3+ years of creative direction in agency or corporate setting
- Experience creating marketing/advertising campaigns from developing vision and the message platform
- Experience creating integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media and paid media
- Proven experience with concept development, copywriting and video editing, a plus
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, INDesign and Photoshop
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. When necessary, evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, may be expected for training and off-site meetings.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- $90k – 100k + 20% annual bonus based on performance.