FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Property Manager
Date created/revised: February 24, 2021
Summary/Objective: This position is primarily to assist the Property Manager with all facets of operating shopping center portfolios. Responsible for coordinating tenant service requests pertaining to property operations and administration to include, but are not be limited to;
Duties of the Assistant Property Manager are as follows:
- Research and respond to tenant enquiries regarding rental and common area maintenance payments
- Utilize MRI software to look up payments and balances for tenants and vendors
- Complete tenant account reconciliations and tenant adjustments, including monthly TAA for any work coded to 8356-000.
- Track and maintain timeline and send out rent commencement letters and memorandums of rent commencement date
- Complete the initial preparation of components of the monthly report
- Track and implement rental increases; communicate with tenants to notify of such increases
- Answer phones and greet visitors to the office in the absence of the Administrative Assistant
- Code invoices per the invoice coding spreadsheet and budget, as needed, APM to complete all legal, leasing, and job cost invoices.
- Type, copy, distribute correspondence (letters, tenant memoranda, mail merges, etc.) as directed by the Senior Property Manager
- Send emails and make telephone calls to tenants regarding late payment of rent
- Send late payment letters and notices of default
- Liaison with vendors in researching accounts payable issues
- Work with the Administrative Assistant in collecting and tracking tenant gross sales in order to finalize monthly gross sales reports. Complete telephone calls and correspondence required to ensure all sales are updated monthly
- Assist Sr. PM with the typing and execution of all vendor contracts; maintain updated service contracts for all properties
- Complete “welcome letter” to all new tenants
- Maintain the lead contact in regard to utility companies, trash vendors, fire life safety vendors and any other vendors as requested by the Sr. PM.
- Work with property accountant to provide requested information, accruals, etc.
- Assist Senior PM in completing the annual Budget for each property.
- Assist in other capacities if requested by the Senior PM.
Required Education and Experience
• 4-year college degree
• Minimum 3-5 year’s previous related experience in property management
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. When necessary, evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, may be expected for training and off-site meetings.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.