FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Vice President of Property Management
Date created/revised: September 25, 2019
Summary/Objective: The position of Property Manager is to provide the direct supervision of the physical asset and the staff required to facilitate the operation of those assets managed by Vestar. Their supervision includes the monitoring of both the physical and financial aspects of the property.
- Direct supervision and training of office support staff, including Assistant Property Manager and Administrative Assistants;
- The preparation of annual budgets (Please see annual budget instruction section);
- Enforcement of project leases and other governing documents (CC&R’s, REA’s, OEA’s, etc.;
- Ensuring landlord compliance to all governmental and non-governmental laws which affect the property;
- Invoicing and collection for all charges outlined under the leases or other property documents which govern the property;
- Informing ownership of occurrences, which may affect the property and influence, the owner’s decision-making process (i.e.: new projects in the trade area, road closures, tenant bankruptcies, etc.);
- Negotiating and document, with the direct approval of the Vice President, all lease renewals, and if applicable new leases;
- Prepare annual Common Area Maintenance Reconciliation’s;
- Recommend and prepare bids for ownership review on capital projects;
- Supervise property Merchants Association ad Marketing if required;
- Supervise Specialty Leasing program if required;
- Ensure that tenants issues and concerns are being responded to in a timely manner;
- Completion of monthly cash flow forecasts and operating reports;
- Collection of rents and other charges;
- Compliance by tenants to lease requirements;
- Regular property inspections;
- Ensuring that vacant suites are in lease ready condition; and
- Coordination of Tenant move-in and move-out.
- Collection of tenant gross sales information;
- Successful for their tenants and in the operation of their properties;
- Enthusiastically dedicated to the fact that all of their efforts are in one-way or another productive of benefits;
- Understanding of the fact that in order to be effective they must devote their attention to a continuing flow of major and minor situations;
- Immune to frustration from details, even though these troublesome decisions may be assigned to others within the division;
- Possessed with a clean concept of essential accounting procedures, and although they may not be personally involved in the day-to-day processes, creates the framework and evaluates the results;
- Able to maintain office records and files, which are available for ready reference;
- Adaptable to change or improvements that will enhance the economy, efficiency and productiveness of every aspect of management performance;
- Able to direct the efficient and productive performance of each of their employees and/or the coordination of members of other areas of the division;
- Self-disciplined to the point that they are unruffled by annoyances or disappointments which they accept as integral parts of their professional activities;
- Cheerful toward the owner/partners, employees, tenants and all others who come in contact with them in the conduct of business;
- Pleasantly uncompromising when it comes to matters of established policy;
- Diplomatic and their lines of communication are always open;
- Prompt to respond to all inquiries and makes certain their organization is always available to handle emergencies;
- Unblemished in reputation, honest and capable
- An innovator and creator, uses their unique talents and skills to ensure maximum income and minimum expenses consistent with the long-term economic and physical welfare of properties entrusted to their care.
Supervisory Responsibility (if applicable)
Will directly supervise assistant property manager.
Required Education and Experience
• 4-year college degree
• Minimum 3-5 year’s previous related experience in property management
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. When necessary, evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, may be expected for training and off-site meetings.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.