The position of Property Management intern is to provide the property management department with support in various tasks while learning the different disciplines (administrative, marketing, Assistant Property Manager and Property Manager). The property management team will be responsible for teaching and keeping the intern engaged with tasks. We are targeting candidates who are able to work no greater than 20 hours per week.
Duties include the following:
- Assisting with Certificate of Insurance tracking – both vendor & tenant
- Assisting with Gross sales tracking, input and analysis
- On-property interaction with merchants to deliver marketing materials and other general property needs
- Inspect vacancies and project for maintenance deficiencies
- Work on miscellaneous projects as they arise
- Join Property Manager or Assistant property manager on occasional site inspections
- Assist in property dispositions
- Sit in on leasing/operations calls with clients
- Update/create all tracking spreadsheets (exclusives, co-tenancy, etc.)
- Financial analysis and understanding
- Lease and other document analysis
We will pay and hourly rate of $11.00/hr and the candidates will be eligible to earn a scholarship of up to $5,000 depending on number of hours worked and success.
One of the leading privately held real estate companies in the United States, Vestar specializes in the acquisition, management and development of retail real estate, including entertainment-retail complexes, power and lifestyle centers, and neighborhood centers of varying size and scale that serve as community shopping destinations. Founded in 1989, Vestar currently manages over 30 million square feet of space in 9 states throughout the western United States.